How often do you take a minute (sixty seconds!) to feel proud of something you’ve accomplished?
Probably not often at all. As business owners, we tend to scratch items off the to-do list, and move on to the next task.
Today I want you to look back at 2019 and relax for a few minutes. Think about all the wonderful things you accomplished in your business, and give yourself credit for it. Because you worked really hard.
- Did you hit important milestones this year?
- Do you remember some proud moments?
- Did you celebrate a special anniversary in your business?
Instead of apologizing for the stuff you didn’t do this year, give yourself permimssion to feel proud for what you DID do.
Here’s some stuff you may have forgotten about:
- you finally overhauled your website, top to bottom
- you worked for a while to come up with the perfect branding statement. And it sounds awesome.
- you committed to an entire rebranding of the business. And now you’re in a different location, with extra staff, new clients, and a clear vision for the future
- you committed to blogging regularly, and now you post twice a month without fail.
- you reached the 10-year in business milestone
To some of you, those items above may not seem like a big deal. It’s part of your work routine, after all. But I say differently. I think we’re all moving too fast, and too often we don’t give ourselves credit for all the hard work we do-regardless of how “big” those items may be.
Running a business means you’re in charge of a million little things, all year round. So as 2019 winds down, why don’t you pause and reflect, and recharge. 2020 is not far off. Looking back at the last twelve months and tallying up your wins will give you the energy and motivation to keep going (and do even better!) next year.
I hope you take time as well to celebrate the season with your clients and colleagues.